Since the Petalwink: The Musical showcase, the cast and creative team have had some wonderful professional (and personal) successes. And while the cast have gone their separate ways, the creative team have continued to work on writing and developing the script and music--while also enjoying other projects.
Composer Deborah Hurwitz:
* Made Buzzfeed's list of "Brilliant Female Broadway Conductors"
* Received rave reviews for musical supervision of Off-Broadway's "Bedbugs!!! It's a Musical," which New York Times called an "audacious rock-’n’-roll concoction about mutant bedbugs that terrorize New York City."
* Composed the score for "An Enchanted Evening: A Cirque Love Story" performed at the Batavia Fine Arts Centre in Chicago
* Celebrated 10 years of Jersey Boys on Broadway.
Writer/Creator Angela Sage Larsen
* Wrote and co-produced "Bottom Little Theatre," an adult, female-driven clean comedy series about best friends, big dreams, and a little theatre
* Shifted home base from St. Louis, Missouri to wine country in Northern California
* Rejuvenated her professional mural and art design business
Director Trish Brown
* Produced and directed "Bottom Little Theatre," an adult, female-driven clean comedy series about best friends, big dreams, and a little theatre
* Directed Insight Theatre's "timely thought-provoking" production of "Spinning into Butter"
* Directed Bankside Rep's hilarious "Call me Waldo"
A fun PS - Anneke Reed (now Anneke Bentley, thanks to a wedding that happened less than a week after completing the Petalwink: the Musical Showcase), is the lead vocalist for USAF Band of Mid-America! Watch/hear Anneke perform here. But she'll always be Petalwink to us!